From 2015 to 2017, SWA advised senior executives from Nuclear Canada, a nuclear engineering and analysis consulting firm spun off of Ontario Power Generation, on transitioning to a new strategy and leading the change management process. We worked with Nuclear Canada to:
- Engage 125 team members in conveying strategy as a vivid model of execution that clarifies responsibilities and guides team members
- Define key project roles, selection criteria, and spans of control for three types of projects
- Establish priorities required to make the new strategy effective
- Prepare communications to employees, customers, and candidates
- Lead a change management process toward the new strategy
By including many people in developing the model, employees executed the model effectively from the start. Nuclear Canada saw substantial gains in revenue, schedule, quality, and safety.
We learned that inviting 125 people to provide input on strategy not only improved the strategy, but also ensured seamless implementation.
“Dean showed that engaging many people for a reasonable amount of time is a highly effective change management strategy.”
Chief Operating Officer